[Asterisk-Users] Re: Non automated call parking

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Fri May 19 11:06:49 MST 2006

I'll have to test this over the weekend since it affects so many files.

If I knew C programming better or the guts of asterisk better, I would attempt to write this myself.

The root issue is that all various parking techniques are based off of the parking in features.conf.
What if this parking style is not preferred?

I assume that it would be easier to not use the standard park logic and to just do the following.

Make extensions that can hold a call. (like a 701)
Make this extension hintable for use in button programming.
If I am on a call and hit a non-lit button, it parks it there.
If I am not on a call and push the lit button, I connect to the park.
I suppose that if you are on a call and hit a lit button, it should either not be processed, or should join as a three way call.
(either logic is justifiable)
These park extensions should still be callable so analog, etc. extensions can also connect to them.

Steven

http://www.glimasoutheast.org

"Noah Miller" <noahisaacmiller at gmail.com> wrote in message news:8699dcab0605190909h4e238721ld45d6f0069c755e4 at mail.gmail.com...
Hi Steven -

It's not in the general release yet and it doesn't do everything you
want, but check out the metermaid patch
(http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5779).

If you're interested, I also wrote a patch to do one button parking
(http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=6340).  You can use it now, but as
the bugs says, it will not be included in future releases as the
applicationmap part of res_features.c will eventually be fixed to do
this correctly.

- Noah