[Asterisk-Users] Re: Non automated call parking

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Fri May 19 11:31:12 MST 2006

Steven wrote:
> Make extensions that can hold a call. (like a 701)
> Make this extension hintable for use in button programming.
> If I am on a call and hit a non-lit button, it parks it there.
> If I am not on a call and push the lit button, I connect to the park.
> I suppose that if you are on a call and hit a lit button, it should either not be processed, or should join as a three way call.
> (either logic is justifiable)
> These park extensions should still be callable so analog, etc. extensions can also connect to them.

Steven,

That arrangement would be great, but right now the closest existing
method is the metermaid patch at
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5779, and it looks like that won't
even make it into 1.4. Sigh. (oej: people need this patch!)

I created a bounty two years ago at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+bounty+snom+call+park for an
arrangement like you describe, but there was no interest, so I dropped
sponsorship of it. You can "take over" the bounty if you like.

I'm using the metermaid patch on 1.2.6, and it works very nicely with my
Snom 360s. (Press a "700" button to park, and observe the 701-7xx button
LEDs to see parking slot status).

- Mike