[Asterisk-Users] PRI dialing IVR with inband DTMF

Anthony Cennami acennami at gmail.com
Fri May 19 10:46:43 MST 2006

Well the communication between the Asterisk and Shoretel is ISDN PRI.  If a
station on the Shoretel calls a regular number (company auto-attendant,
cellphone voicemail, etc) and that number "ANSWERS" then there do not appear
to be any problems with DTMF.

When a station dials an IVR which does not "ANSWER" but does Early Media,
that stations DTMF is not being received by the PRI.  My understanding is
that this should typically be handled over the D channel, but in a number of
test calls I discovered that all DTMF is being sent Inband from Shoretel
over the PRI.

--
Anthony D Cennami