[Asterisk-Users] PRI dialing IVR with inband DTMF

Doug Doug at NaTel.net
Fri May 19 10:26:46 MST 2006

At 12:06 5/19/2006, Anthony Cennami wrote:
>I have a client who is using a Shoretel PBX.  This PBX apparently
>does not send DTMF information OOB, but instead sends this inband
>via the B-channel.
>
>This is traversing an Asterisk box via a PRI.  The user calls the
>IVR (1-800-CALL-DHL), receives audio, but is not able to present
>DTMF to engage the IVR.  With some light research it appears that
>the DSP is not activating until the call is answered.
>
>DTMF on the SIP side is set to RFC2833 -- calls all work fine when
>originating from a SIP phone connected to the same device.
>
>Any suggestions on what needs to be done to pre-emptively enable DSP
>and or early media on the PRI (outbound)??
>
>Thanks,
>
>Anthony
>
>---SIP---->Asterisk----PRI---->Shoretel

Hey Anthony,

I don't know if this will help you but, we had
a hard time getting touchtones (DTMF) to work until
we set both ends to "INFO" (sometimes called "SIP Info")

RFC2833, Inband, Auto, etc. did not work.