[Asterisk-Users] Delay when ringing internal extensions on incoming zap call

will at loopfree.net will at loopfree.net
Tue May 16 14:44:01 MST 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 04:28:15PM -0500, Derek Lee-Wo wrote:
> I wonder if the NvFaxDetect() call is causing the extra delay.  I

That sounds reasonable. * is answering the call, generating a ring back to the caller, and listening
for fax noises before ringing your SIP device.

I have simply:
    -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
    -- Executing Dial("Zap/1-1", "SIP/6001|60") in new stack
    -- Called 6001
    -- SIP/6001-39c2 is ringing

on incoming call from Zap/1, I just have an inbound context:
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/6001,60)
[...]

Asterisk never "picks up" the Zap/1 line until I actually answer my SIP phone or the Dial command
times out and has explicit instruction to answer/go to voicemail. Think about what you really want to
do... In any case, removing the fax detect seems like it should help.

--
-Will  :: AD6XL
 Orton :: http://www.loopfree.net/