[Asterisk-Users] Delay when ringing internal extensions on incoming zap call

will at loopfree.net will at loopfree.net
Tue May 16 14:12:23 MST 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 02:28:51PM -0500, Derek Lee-Wo wrote:
> I have a TDM400P with 2 FXO cards and I'm using Asterisk at Home 2.8
> I noticed that when I place a call to the analog lines from outside,
> Asterisk takes a while to actually ring the extension the call is
> being sen to.

X100P and Asterisk 1.2.7.1 here;
simple config to ring SIP extension (ATA-186) on incoming call from the POTS line.

I experienced about a 1-ring lag between the SIP phone and the rining on the POTS line.

> - After the first ring on my cell, Asterisk logs to the CLI that is
> has an incoming call
> - After the second ring, it kicks off part of the incoming call context

I fixed this by setting:
usecallerid=no
in zapata.conf

(I do not have callerID service on my POTS line anyway). I assume that Asterisk
is waiting to see the caller ID data between ring 1 and ring 2 in order to be
able to switch based on caller ID data (which never comes). Disabling it allows
it to not have to wait.

> - After the third ring, it does the rest which then causes my SIP
> phone to start ringing.

Not sure where this additional lag is coming from. Could be something inherent in
your SIP phone I guess (my only SIP experience is with Cisco ATA 186).

--
-Will  :: AD6XL
 Orton :: http://www.loopfree.net/