[Asterisk-Users] Delay when ringing internal extensions on incoming zap call

Derek Lee-Wo dleewo at gmail.com
Tue May 16 12:28:51 MST 2006

I have a TDM400P with 2 FXO cards and I'm using Asterisk at Home 2.8

I noticed that when I place a call to the analog lines from outside,
Asterisk takes a while to actually ring the extension the call is
being sen to.

I've been doing some tests, calling from my cellphone and here is what I see...

- After the first ring on my cell, Asterisk logs to the CLI that is
has an incoming call
- After the second ring, it kicks off part of the incoming call context
- After the third ring, it does the rest which then causes my SIP
phone to start ringing.

As a result, the caller hears 3 full rings before I even hear my SIP phone ring.

How can I speed that up, or is this "normal"?

I'm using Asterisk at Home 2.8 and I set the trunks to answer immediately
and I disabled fax detection in zapata.conf, but none of this helped.

If I call my Asterisk box via my BroadVoice VoIP number, my SIP phone
starts to ring even before I hear the first ring on my cellphone.