[Asterisk-Users] Netherlands zaptel.conf

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Tue May 16 13:21:50 MST 2006

Hi Pieter,

Pieter Claassen wrote:
> Well, I tried to plug my KPN phone line into it as well with the same result.
> The PC refuses to answer using the fxsks protocol. I don't think these phone
> lines are IP carriers and suspect that UPC might turn the voice stream into
> something else in their modem. The phone however is a standard analogue
> device and I suspect you can stick anything you buy over the counter in
> there.

Correct. AFAIK, the most notable difference is UPC offers an FSK based
CallerID instead of the ETSI DTMF mode used by KPN.

Even though UPC will use some form of VoB transport within their
network, the connection you as a customer are facing is most definitely
a regular analog line.

I haven't personally played with the TDM series interface cards, but
here are a few thoughts:

> Config included below. The question is how to start figuring out what is going
> on since I don't see any messages in /var/log/asterisk/* or syslog that
> indicates there is a problem?
>
> lsmod includes
>
> zaptel                225284  1 wcfxs

Hmm, shouldn't you be loading wcfxo ? The configs look sane enough, most
things matching with an old X100P setup we have laying around. Most of
my work is on BRI/PRI systems though :-)

Florian