[Asterisk-Users] Netherlands zaptel.conf

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Tue May 16 13:22:08 MST 2006

On 21:23, Tue 16 May 06, Pieter Claassen wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 20:39, M.Masri wrote:
> > AFAIK UPC cable phone is a voip phone, and not PSTN
> >
> Well, I tried to plug my KPN phone line into it as well with the same result.
> The PC refuses to answer using the fxsks protocol. I don't think these phone
> lines are IP carriers and suspect that UPC might turn the voice stream into
> something else in their modem. The phone however is a standard analogue
> device and I suspect you can stick anything you buy over the counter in
> there.

The upc modem is just some kind of ATA.
It talks voip on one side, analog PSTN on the other side.

What's the output of the following commands:

ztcfg -vvvvvv
cat /proc/zaptel/1

I only setup a X100P clone here, but it worked for the time
being. (I'm not using it anymore because my IAX2 provider is
always up) (thnx florian)

Good luck