[Asterisk-Users] Netherlands zaptel.conf

Pieter Claassen pieter at claassen.co.uk
Tue May 16 12:23:49 MST 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 20:39, M.Masri wrote:
> AFAIK UPC cable phone is a voip phone, and not PSTN

Well, I tried to plug my KPN phone line into it as well with the same result.
The PC refuses to answer using the fxsks protocol. I don't think these phone
lines are IP carriers and suspect that UPC might turn the voice stream into
something else in their modem. The phone however is a standard analogue
device and I suspect you can stick anything you buy over the counter in
there.

I also swapped the FXO module into the first slot with no different results.

Config included below. The question is how to start figuring out what is going
on since I don't see any messages in /var/log/asterisk/* or syslog that
indicates there is a problem?

lsmod includes

zaptel                225284  1 wcfxs

/etc/zaptel.conf

defaultzone=nl
fxsks=1
loadzone=nl

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

[channels]
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
immediate=no

context=incoming
signalling=fxs_ks
channel => 1

I am running ubuntu breezy and build the modules without much hastel from
source. The only issue was it wanted gcc3.3 rather than gcc4 as a compiler
and I had to remove the zaptel-source packages since it wrote a file that the
zaptel-modules-2.6.10-5-386 wanted to overwrite.

BTW. I also tried fxsls and fxsgs but nothing worked. I also received this
error with fxsgs.

Zaptel Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Groundstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels configured.

ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Invalid argument (22)
Did you forget that FXS interfaces are configured with FXO signalling
and that FXO interfaces use FXS signalling?

Any help appreciated.

Pieter