[Asterisk-Users] EICON, chan_capi-cm and averlap receiving

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Tue May 16 12:59:20 MST 2006

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Armin Schindler wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 May 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I have problems when receiving overlap calls. I'm used to behaviour
> > > of zaptel.
> > > overlap=yes takes care of collecting the digits.
> > >
> > > I tried the digit colleciton setting in the diva config tool, but it
> > > stops
> > > collecting digits when a certain amount of digits is received
> > > (isntead of
> > > waiting a certain time).
> > >
> > > How can I configure the zaptel behaviour overlap=yes
> >
> > I don't know what this setting is doing with zaptel, but what are
> > you trying to do?
> > I was always happy with the dialplan (extensions.conf) for setting
> > if the number is yet incomplete.
>
> I have Asterisk between the PBX and the PSTN. IF a PBX user calls a certain
> number, the digits will be sent from the PBX to Asterisk digit after digit.

Okay, that is standard stuff which I use too. And via the extensions.conf
Asterisk/chan-capi will decide when should be done what.

> In Asterisk I need to collect the digits. If all digits are collected, I want
> to make an ENUM lookup. If the ENUM lookup is unsuccessful, it should dial out
> to the PSTN.

Okay, that is different. I make this decision via the first digit(s), but
that should be possible via the dialplan too.

> Now I'm playing around with WaitExten , but I would prefer collecting digits
> in the channel.

Why in the channel driver? The channel driver just provides the possibility
for Asterisk to 'speak' CAPI (or any other API). The logic for what to do
with the call and its information is core functionality and should be done
by Asterisk. I think that is the reason why applications like WaitExten
exists.

Armin