[Asterisk-Users] EICON, chan_capi-cm and averlap receiving

Wed May 17 00:12:48 MST 2006

Armin Schindler wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
>> Now I'm playing around with WaitExten , but I would prefer collecting digits
>> in the channel.
>
> Why in the channel driver? The channel driver just provides the possibility
> for Asterisk to 'speak' CAPI (or any other API). The logic for what to do
> with the call and its information is core functionality and should be done
> by Asterisk. I think that is the reason why applications like WaitExten
> exists.

Maybe you are right, and using WaitExten for sure gives you more control
and increases flexibility. But on the other hand it also adds complexity
to the dialplan. I like the overlap=yes feature as I do not have to care
about collecting digits.

regards
Klaus

PS: Probably I like to stay with old behaviors ;-)