[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail WAV to PDA Problems

Peder at NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Fri May 12 09:02:07 MST 2006

Our asterisk server has been up and running for over a year and it works
great.  I have emails going to my account as an attachment and I can
listen to them on the desktop and it works fine.  I just got a T-Mobile
MDA that runs Windows Pocket (or whatever they call it) and it can check
email.  If I have it download the email, it gets the attachment, but it
can't seem to play it (it CAN play wav files).  If I take the email that
was sent to my home account and then "forward it to myself" and let the
MDA pick it up, then it can play the attachment.  So clearly it isn't an
issue playing WAV's, or even WAV's from Asterisk, it's some email
attachment issue with the way Asterisk or Postfix sends the attachment.
  Has anybody else run into this problem?  If so, any help would be
appreciated.

Peder