[Asterisk-Users] OT: MWI on Treo 600/650

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Tue May 2 11:22:18 MST 2006

Mark Johnson wrote:
> Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
>> On Thursday 13 April 2006 09:02, David Cook wrote:
>>
>>> My cell vm goes to asterisk, not the carrier. Apparently MWI is turned
>>> on/off with specially formatted SMS messages. Anyone know how to do
>>> this
>>> on a Treo 600? Having the phone light from Asterisk would be HUGE ...
>>> not to mention extremely cool.
>>>

>> I've been working on this off and on for AGES.  There are some SMS
>> portal sites that claim to be able to do this as well, but I have not
>> managed to find one.
>>
>> -A.
>>
> I know this thread is probably a little aged, but I'm intrigued...
> How are you forwarding cell vm to asterisk?  When busy or unavailable,
> do you forward to a DID set up to go directly to your asterisk voicemail?
>
> I get so many complaints about how the buttons to navigate Asterisk
> voicemail are different from the company's cell phones and different
> again from their personal cell phones.  I could combine at least two
> of them this way!

I do the same thing.  It's called conditional-call-forward or
call-divert, depending on what continent you find yourself on.  Under
normal circumstances, CCF is set to the cellular provider's voicemail
system, which in turn uses called# info to put you into the right
voice-mail.  Since I don't have a PRI which provides that kind of info,
I simply use a DID for it.  Nice feature on T-Mobile US is that you have
a 500 minute bucket of CCF minutes.