[Asterisk-Users] OT: MWI on Treo 600/650

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Tue May 2 10:35:25 MST 2006

On 4/13/06, David Cook <dbc_asterisk at advan.ca> wrote:
> My cell vm goes to asterisk, not the carrier. Apparently MWI is turned
> on/off with specially formatted SMS messages. Anyone know how to do this
> on a Treo 600? Having the phone light from Asterisk would be HUGE ...
> not to mention extremely cool.

I've had this working using Clickatell.com as a third-party provider,
and by using Gammu (gammu.org) with a Nokia 6190 (using serial
connection).

MWI is set by setting the UDH of the SMS to '04010200xx' where the
last two digits indicate the number of new messages -- when 00, the
MWI is turned off, other values should display on the phone.

BTW, not all cel-carriers allow you to change the message-center
number for voicemail -- they've disabled the menu option in the phones
to prevent you from changing it.