[Asterisk-Users] OT: MWI on Treo 600/650

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue May 2 11:15:55 MST 2006

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 13:10, Mark Johnson wrote:
> I know this thread is probably a little aged, but I'm intrigued...  How
> are you forwarding cell vm to asterisk?  When busy or unavailable, do
> you forward to a DID set up to go directly to your asterisk voicemail?

heh... I cheat.  I don't give out my cellphone number.  I give out a DID going
to Asterisk, and then do this:

exten => 5551212,1,Dial(${ANDREWCELL},16,rt)
exten => 5551212,n,VoiceMail(5551212 at default)
exten => 5551212,n,Macro(handle-hangup)

Note that this is one of the ONLY times that it is *RIGHT* to use the 'r' Dial
option, by the way.  I use it because if my cell is off/dead/out of area the
caller hears ringing instead of "The cellular customer you have called is not
available."

I have call waiting on the cell, so that feature continues to work as expected
and, if I don't answer, it just goes to voicemail.

> I get so many complaints about how the buttons to navigate Asterisk
> voicemail are different from the company's cell phones and different
> again from their personal cell phones.  I could combine at least two of
> them this way!

There was some mention of all the key sequences being programmable at one
point for the Voicemail app... I haven't heard anything about that in a while
though.

-A.