[Asterisk-Users] Speeding up UK BT incoming call detection

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Tue May 2 09:59:19 MST 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 05:39:53PM +0100, Chris Bagnall wrote:

[snip]
> I think disabling asterisk from getting caller ID off an analogue line
> improves its answering speed considerably. Of course, if you want CLID info
> off your analogue line (and are paying BT for the privilege), you may not
> wish to go down this route.

With an analogue line CallerID is presented b/m the 1st and 2nd ring
(which means waiting for 2 rings). Also with Digium hardware to produce
CallerID you have to tell it to do two rings or you get internal s/w
timeouts (Emailed them about it and they never replied).

With UK PRI it should be sent with the call set-up in the data channel,
not the bearers.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  UK mob +44-(0)7775 755503
UK +44-(0)20 79932612 / US +1-(310)8577715 / Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype/GoogleTalk/AIM/Gizmo stevekennedyuk / MSN steve at gbnet.net
Euro Tech News Blog http://eurotechnews.blogspot.com