[Asterisk-Users] Commands possible in the h extension, message delivery with confirmation

Jeremy Tucker jeremy.tucker at regs4ships.com
Tue May 2 08:35:22 MST 2006

Hi,

I've been using Asterisk for several months now with great success.

I'm working on a system that tries to deliver a recorded message to a user, as follows:

1. a call file is placed in /var/lib/asterisk/outgoingcalls
2. This triggers a call to be placed
3. When answered, the caller hears the recorded message
4. After the message, the caller must confirm by pressing 1
5. If they confirm, the process ends
6. If they just hang up, wait
7. After waiting, dial them again and go to step 3 above

The idea is that the system persists in trying to deliver the message, not quitting until they press '1' on their keypad after hearing the recorded message. I plan to extend this to try several different users in rotation until confirmation is received.

I need to re-dial the user if they hang up, or time out, or are busy. For hang-up, I have tried using the h extension, like this:

h,1,Dial(local/201)

To test re-dialling on hangup. However, the dial takes place too soon after the previous call, resulting in an error from the target phone.

When I change it to:

h,1,Wait(3)
h,2,Dial(local/201)

This gets no further than the Wait command, and * never executes the Dial command.

Can this be made to work reliably? Or should I write some sort of AGI script to provide a reliable message delivery application to do this instead?

I'm using Asterisk 1.2.4 on Centos 4.

Thanks,

Jeremy Tucker
Network Manager
regs4ships Ltd.

Tel: +44 (0)870 444 1240
Fax: +44 (0)23 8022 8029
Email: jeremy.tucker at regs4ships.com
Web: www.regs4ships.com
Skype: jez_r4s

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The contents of this email are confidential to the ordinary user of this email address to which it was addressed and may also be privileged. If you are not the addressee of this email you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use any part of it in any form whatsoever. If you have received this email in error please email the sender by replying to this message.