[Asterisk-Users] Speeding up UK BT incoming call detection

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue May 2 09:39:53 MST 2006

Isn't a TE110P a PRI card? Are you sure that's the right model number for an
analogue interface card?

For our sites with BT lines, we have them configured as follows (I've
extracted the settings I think might be relevant):

usecallerid=no
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
transfer=no

immediate=no
busydetect=yes
busycount=8
answeronpolarityswitch=yes
hanguponpolarityswitch=yes

I think disabling asterisk from getting caller ID off an analogue line
improves its answering speed considerably. Of course, if you want CLID info
off your analogue line (and are paying BT for the privilege), you may not
wish to go down this route.

Regards,

Chris