[Asterisk-Users] Confused on Agents and Queues

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at mercury.net
Fri Mar 31 12:36:03 MST 2006

Hi Matt,

We have somewhat of a similar setup here in my office. We have multiple
queues to which different agents are a member to anyone of them.
Basically what I chose to do was make my own custom log in script. I
reference to the voicemail box and use the ID and password to
authenticate our users. However, the difference we use the same phone.
But you could use both the mail box and the password to authenticate the
user (VMauthenicate) and then use AddQueueMember with the caller ID they
are calling from.

If you need some help going in that direction, feel free to let me know.

Kevin