[Asterisk-Users] Confused on Agents and Queues

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 10:24:15 MST 2006

Hi,
I'm confused with agents and queues in Asterisk.  If I use
AddQueueMember() then "show queues" shows the agents that I have
logged into the queue... however the agent ID has to be the extension
the agent is sitting at ... kinda useless for stats tracking.

If I use AgentCallbackLogin() then "show queues" shows no agents
logged in, but it works and "show agents" shows the agent logged in.

How can I have my agents log in with a unique ID for *THEM* and have
the calls ring to whatever extension they are at?