[Asterisk-Users] Re: AAH lost my IVR phrases

Avi Miller avi.miller at squiz.net
Wed Mar 29 13:12:35 MST 2006

Jim Hanlon wrote:
>  1. The alterations to the config files made via AMP "Setup" pages are archived in the Asterisk DBMS, but changes made via the AMP
> "Maintenance" pages are not (Apparently. It's hard to be sure what the rules are).

This is an A at H issue: The Setup page is provided by AMP (now called
freePBX, btw), but the Maintenance page is NOT. So, the Asterisk at Home
system allows you to change configuration files built by AMP, which is
where the confusion comes in.

If you install Asterisk and AMP/freePBX manually, there is no
maintenance tab, so there is less opportunity for you to overwrite the
pre-baked configuration files. :)

The rules are fairly straightforward though: Anything *_additional.conf
is written by AMP/freePBX and should not be touched. Anything
*_custom.conf is never touched by AMP and can be manually edited.
Anything *.conf is only overwritten on upgrades of AMP, so you should
take care if you edit those files.

cYa,
Avi

--
National Manager - Special Projects

< Melbourne / Sydney / Canberra / Hobart / London />
   2/340 Gore Street     T: +61 (0) 3 9486 0411
   Fitzroy, VIC         	F: +61 (0) 3 9486 0611
   3065             	W: http://www.squiz.net/

.....>> Open Source  - Own it  -  Squiz.net ...../>