[Asterisk-Users] Bluetooth headset in handsfree mode with SJPhone or X-lite

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Mon Mar 27 07:21:12 MST 2006

Hi,

After much searching I have found that it might be possible to get a
bluetooth headset to answer/hangup with SJPhone or Xlite if the headset
supports handsfree mode. My Toshiba bluetooth stack supports this but I
have not been able to figure out how to enable it. Also Windows XP
desktop bluetooth stack does not support handsfree but Windows CE does
(go figure). Has anyone got handsfree mode working with a bluetooth
headset? How about working with SJPhone or Xlite or some other SIP
phone? For some reason the SJPhone when used with a bluetooth headset
disconnects/reconnects bluetooth when the answer/hangup button is used
on the headset (how the hell did that come about). Using a bluetooth
headset with a SIP phone and asterisk would really help me by removing
those pesky wires....

Thanks