[Asterisk-Users] Re: IAX Incoming/Outgoing

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Mon Mar 27 07:59:41 MST 2006

> I could ask why it can't authenticate against the key, but we've already been
> there.
>
> So, if I have 5 asterisk systems, and I want to have a different key on each,
> and each system has a user and a peer section, and I have to use different
> usernames... oh boy... this sounds like a horrible mess.

I've been using a setup of one user for "incoming" and many outgoing peers.
I'm not sure what the other poster meant that you can't do this.  It works
just fine.  One thing I'll mention, and maybe if the developers are reading
they can comment if this has changed, but in 1.0.x, and versions of CVS up
to at least 05/2005, changes to the users and peers in iax.conf would often
require a full restart to take effect.

I don't use RSA since my IAX links all go over IPSec tunnels, but here's
what my users and peers look like:

[iax-in]
type=user
secret=XXXX