[Asterisk-Users] [1.2.5] DTMF not being set correctly (RESEND)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Mar 25 02:20:43 MST 2006

> I am having trouble getting DTMF mode to be set to inband on incoming
> calls.
>
> I have the following set, and for some reason the connection is still
> negotiated with rfc2833.
>
> [outbound]
> type=friend
> secret=XXXXXXX
> username=XXXXXXX
> authuser=XXXXXXX
> host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
> context=inbound
> qualify=200
> insecure=very
> disallow=all
> allow=ulaw
> dtmfmode=inband
> dtmf=inband
> canreinvite=no
> nat=no

Since you didn't mention what device/itsp is generating the incoming
call, I'll have to assume you are trying to use sip with an external itsp.

If that's a correct assumption, the itsp may not support inband,
suggesting the session is rfc2833 only.

You might want to try 'sip debug' and see what's happening, or 'set
verbose xx' where xx is some large number like 30 or so. One or the
other should provide more detail.