[Asterisk-Users] [1.2.5] DTMF not being set correctly (RESEND)

Steven Ringwald asric at asric.com
Mon Mar 27 16:45:04 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:
>> I am having trouble getting DTMF mode to be set to inband on incoming
>> calls.
>>
>> I have the following set, and for some reason the connection is still
>> negotiated with rfc2833.
>>
>> [outbound]
>> type=friend
>> secret=XXXXXXX
>> username=XXXXXXX
>> authuser=XXXXXXX
>> host=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
>> context=inbound
>> qualify=200
>> insecure=very
>> disallow=all
>> allow=ulaw
>> dtmfmode=inband
>> dtmf=inband
>> canreinvite=no
>> nat=no
>
> Since you didn't mention what device/itsp is generating the incoming
> call, I'll have to assume you are trying to use sip with an external
> itsp.
>
> If that's a correct assumption, the itsp may not support inband,
> suggesting the session is rfc2833 only.

The ITSP, Level3, claims that they support it (for U-Law), and that my
end is not negotiating it (as indicated by a 101 in the SDP). I can see
the 101 when I do a SIP debug, but no matter what I do, the 101 does not
go away.

> You might want to try 'sip debug' and see what's happening, or 'set
> verbose xx' where xx is some large number like 30 or so. One or the
> other should provide more detail.

Right. That is how I have verified that my end is not setting the
dtmfmode correctly.

Steve