[Asterisk-Users] PRI Behavior

Andres andres at telesip.net
Fri Mar 24 17:49:38 MST 2006

Matt Loretitsch wrote:

> Just throwing out this question.  integrating with Altiware server.
> PRI appears to be okay.  It keeps trying to move my call to a
> different channel...usually channel 1.  This is the deal here:
>
> Moving call from channel 23 to channel 1
>
> Then the following errors after no audio then hanging up manually:
> Mar 24 17:46:17 WARNING[1315]: chan_zap.c:7792 pri_fixup_principle:
> Call specified, but not found?
> Mar 24 17:46:17 WARNING[1315]: chan_zap.c:8874 pri_dchannel: Hangup on
> bad channel 0/1 on span 1
> Using asterisk 1.2.5, zaptel 1.2.4, and libpri 1.2.2 as they are the
> current stable releases.
>
> I've tried changing the timing sources around.  Incoming calls on the
> PRI always appear to work, outgoing calls cause this problem.  The
> only time an outgoing call gets complete is if I send it to channel 1
> on the pri.  When it moves the call it seems to connect, but I get no
> audio in either direction.
>
> Anyone tackle such a beast?

I would guess the remote server only allows calls to come in on channel
1.  Thats why it requests a channel change to 1 when the call is setup.
I think that in the call SETUP message Asterisk requests channel 23 but
the remote server denies that channel and instead asks for a move to
channel 1.  You will need to check up on the Altiware config.

--
Andres
Technical Support