[Asterisk-Users] Call Wrap-Up

James Sturges thinking at 1am.com.au
Wed Mar 22 07:13:14 MST 2006

Hi,

I was wondering how other people have approached this problem?

* Customer Calls Business
* Placed in a Queue
* Logged in Agent answers call
* Call Ends

Now the big question;  at the end of each call, I need to:
* enter some info in about the call such as Customer Number, Wrap up code
(category of call) etc
* Tell the operator the ${UNIQUEID}

Also need to do the same with an outgoing call.

My thoughts:

* Trap the call before hangup; but not sure if possible with calls in a
Queue
* Send a email to the agent with a link that opens up a form on a web page
passing to it the ${UNIQUEID} (not sure where in the dial plan this would be
activated)
* Pop the Unique ID up on the screen of the agent (is there a way of doing
this with Queues/Agent?)

The big issue I cant get right is what part of the dial plan is run when an
agent accepts a call?  OR  Which part of the dial plan gets run when a agent
finishes a call?

Do I have to do a Manager connect and "watch all the traffic following" and
trigger it that way?

Thanks

James