[Asterisk-Users] Re: problems with emailing voicemail

Steve Jones sjones at ftdata.com
Mon Mar 20 08:29:26 MST 2006

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you did here, but I just want to make sure...  First, in the "network' file, the goal was to change the hostname from "localhost.localdomain" reference to a real hostname that would be accepted, so that the file would look more like:
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=asterisk.mydomain.com

And the other poster was recommeding that the hosts file, should be setup to point the loopback address to that name as well, such as adding (or modifying the existing 127.0.0.1 line to look like:

127.0.0.1 asterisk.mydomain.com

Another thing to do, would be to go to your /etc/mail/access file  [vi /etc/mail/access] ahd make sure, or add your localhost as a trusted machine for sendmail..  From this link http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-hn/sendmail.htm I am reading/recommending that you put lines such as these in your "access" file:

localhost.localdomain           RELAY
localhost                       RELAY
127.0.0.1                       RELAY

If your "access" file isn't in the /etc/mail directory, you may have to do a "locate access" to find it..  "locate" will only work if you have sometime in the past run an "updatedb" to build the hard drive's index for the locate to work on it...

Hope this helps..

-Steve