[Asterisk-Users] Re: problems with emailing voicemail

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 08:14:10 MST 2006

Guys,

Thanks again for all your help.  I've updated /etc/sysconfig/network and
/etc/hosts as per your suggestions:

/etc/sysconfig/network:
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
127.0.0.1  <my external, static IP address> asterisk localhost

/etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost
127.0.0.1  <my external, static IP address> asterisk localhost

But still no luck.  I've also noticed a problem when I boot the server.
Sendmail along with a number of other processes generate an errror message.
They're all pretty much the same error message and same line number so
here's an example:

etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit error line 3: 127.0.0.1 command not found

FWIW, I've included the first part of my etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit below.

I'm stumped.  This was working before, what could have possibly happened?
Any other ideas on how to fix it before I go and re-install RedHat??

Thanks,
Hugh

#!/bin/bash
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit - run once at boot time
#
# Taken in part from Miquel van Smoorenburg's bcheckrc.
#

# Rerun ourselves through initlog
if [ -z "$IN_INITLOG" -a -x /sbin/initlog ]; then
    exec /sbin/initlog $INITLOG_ARGS -r /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit
fi

# If we're using devfs, start devfsd now - we need the old device names
[ -e /dev/.devfsd -a -x /sbin/devfsd ] && /sbin/devfsd /dev

HOSTNAME=`/bin/hostname`
if [ -f /etc/sysconfig/network ]; then
    . /etc/sysconfig/network
else
    NETWORKING=no
fi
if [ -z "$HOSTNAME" -o "$HOSTNAME" = "(none)" ]; then
    HOSTNAME=localhost
fi

. /etc/init.d/functions

# Start the graphical boot, if necessary
if [ "$BOOTUP" = "graphical" ]; then
  if [ -x /usr/bin/rhgb ]; then
     /usr/bin/rhgb
  else
     export BOOTUP=color
  fi
fi

last=0
for i in `LC_ALL=C grep '^[0-9]*.*respawn:/sbin/mingetty' /etc/inittab | sed
's/^.* tty\([0-9][0-9]*\).*/\1/g'`; do
      > /dev/tty$i
      last=$i
done
if [ $last -gt 0 ]; then
     > /dev/tty$((last+1))
     > /dev/tty$((last+2))
fi

if [ "`/sbin/consoletype`" = "vt" -a -x /sbin/setsysfont ]; then

   echo -n "Setting default font ($SYSFONT): "
   /sbin/setsysfont
   if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
      success
   else