[Asterisk-Users] Re: problems with emailing voicemail

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 09:59:39 MST 2006

OK!!  That's not what I did....  I've gone back and changed things according
to what you indicated, thanks for making it so simple to folow...

The Asterisk box is on an internal network so instead of
asterisk.mydomain.com I tried using our external fixed IP address.  The
error messages have disappeared, but I'm still not getting email.

Just for fun I changed the email I'm using in voicemail.conf to my gmail
account and it worked!!  When I use our work email though, it doesn't work
here's the error I see using the 'tail' command:

Mar 20 11:50:19 69 sendmail[2609]: k2KGoJvC002609:
from=<root@###.###.###.###>, size=88081, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<Asterisk-16-452038559-301-2592@###.###.###.###>, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=[127.0.0.1]
Mar 20 11:50:20 69 sendmail[2606]: k2KGoJD1002606: to=Hugh Oliver <
hugh at gesturetek.com>, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01,
mailer=relay, pri=30325, relay=[127.0.0.1] [127.0.0.1], dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
(k2KGoJvC002609 Message accepted for delivery)
Mar 20 11:50:20 69 sendmail[2611]: k2KGoJvC002609: to=<hugh at gesturetek.com>,
ctladdr=<root@###.###.###.###> (0/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01,
mailer=esmtp, pri=30451, relay=mail.gesturetek.com. [64.41.126.140], dsn=
5.6.0, stat=Data format error
Mar 20 11:50:20 69 sendmail[2611]: k2KGoJvC002609: k2KGoKvC002611: DSN: Data
format error
Mar 20 11:50:20 69 sendmail[2611]: k2KGoKvC002611:
to=<root@###.###.###.###>, delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=local,
pri=119105, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent
I appreciate your help.  I've pasted my hosts, network & access files below.

Thanks,
Hugh

hosts:
127.0.0.1    <my IP address in the form ###.###.###.###>

network:
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=<my IP address in the form ###.###.###.###>

access:
# Check the /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf file for a description
# of the format of this file. (search for access_db in that file)
# The /usr/share/doc/sendmail/README.cf is part of the sendmail-doc
# package.
#
# by default we allow relaying from localhost...
localhost.localdomain        RELAY
localhost            RELAY
127.0.0.1            RELAY