[Asterisk-Users] gsm picocells

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Sun Mar 19 03:41:04 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 16:49 +1100, James Harper wrote:
> > I believe the OP wants to use GSM handsets as extensions, like running
> > your own localized GSM network. That's not the same as using a GSM
> > terminal to connect Asterisk to the cellular network.
>
> Correct!
>
> > IP Access makes such products.
> > http://www.ipaccess.com/products/nanoBTS.htm
>
> That looks about right. All problems of spectrum licensing etc aside,
> the product claims to use Ethernet as the wired access medium, but
> appears to need to connect to a much meatier box as part of a packaged
> solution. The site doesn't seem to give much away, including price.
>
> Thanks
>
> James

Hi James,

Was looking also in that direction.
Next week (thursday) i will get a delegation from ipaccess and a demo.

( i know it is possible to use wifi/bluetooth phones,
but if the intendend target-group can use it's own provate gsm-phone
(which they all have), i have a distint feeling those will last
longer. ;-) (and cost ME less!))

I will share any info i'll get asap...

Hans

pgp-id: 926EBB12
pgp-fingerprint: BE97 1CBF FAC4 236C 4A73  F76E EDFC D032 926E BB12
Registered linux user: 75761 (http://counter.li.org)