[Asterisk-Users] DISA alternative

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Mar 17 20:50:38 MST 2006

Jeremy wrote:

> Mine looks like this now:
>
> exten => s,1,Answer
>
> exten => s,2,Authenticate(1234)
>
> exten => s,3,Background(pls-entr-num-uwish2-call)
>
> exten => s,4,Read(EXTENArea=$EXTENArea|10|2|15)
>
> exten => s,5,Noop(EXTENArea=${EXTENArea=${EXTENArea}}
>
> exten => s,6,Goto(outsidetruck,${EXTENArea},1)
>
> However what happens is that I start to enter the number I want to
> call, I get about 2 digits in, and then it drops me to a dial tone. I
> don’t want to exec the call until the number is fully in

Priority 4 is curious. When I tried to run this, Asterisk "spoke" the
number 10 to the called. I changed the 2 to a 7 and it allowed the entry
of 7 digits, but the curious thing was if one dialed too fast, it would
fail, but if I dialed 6 digits, paused then dialed the 7th, the call
went where it should have.

I guess we both need to read more on "Read" ??

John Novack