[Asterisk-Users] How to configure PSTN lines permissions to different extensions ???

Faisal Inam mfaisalinam at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 22:01:07 MST 2006

Now i will try to explain ..........

  I have 4 PSTN lines in the PBX server 1,2,3,4.

  First line will be used by only one extension (i.e. for the boss) for incoming and outgoing. This line is dedicated for him only.(No roleovers etc.....................)

  The remaining lines will be shared by the employees

  1) Group A have access to lines 2 , 3 & 4.
  When the employees in Group A dials,
  then the system checks for the availability of line 4,
  if available,
            then he can call through that line
  else (if that line is busy)
            the system checks for the availability of line 3,
  if available,
            then he can call through that line
    else (if that line is busy)
            then the system checks for the availability of line 2,
  if available,
            then he can call through that line
  else(if that line is busy)
            then he will get a busy tone

  2) Group B have access to lines 2 & 3
      When the employees in Group B dials,
  then the system checks for the availability of line 3,
  if available,
            then he can call through that line
    else (if that line is busy)
            then the system checks for the availability of line 2,
  if available,
            then he can call through that line
  else(if that line is busy)
            then he will get a busy tone

  3) Group C have access to line 2
  When the employee in Group C dials then,
  the system checks for the availability for line 2,
    if available,
            then he can call through that line
  else(if that line is busy)
            then he will get a busy tone

  I hope it will be clear now ................

  I also want to know how to make these groups. Please explain the answer because i am new in this ...................

  I will be grateful for ur help.

  Thanks a lot.
  Faisal