[Asterisk-Users] Script to Restart Zaptel

Geoff Manning geoffm33 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 10:33:10 MST 2006

We are runnign into problems where our legacy PBX reaches a frame loss
threshold and takes it's T1 card offline (the T1 card that interfaces with
the Asterisk servers TE110P). During this time, the Asterisk server senses a
Yellow alarm.

We've noticed that if we quit asterisk, stop zaptel, start zaptel, start
asterisk that the alarm condition clears on the legacy PBX.

We'd like to be able to to check for the yellow alarm condition and perform
the steps above when applicable.

Has anyone done something like this?