[Asterisk-Users] Re: Script to Restart Zaptel

Geoff Manning geoffm33 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:20:35 MST 2006

On 3/15/06, Geoff Manning <geoffm33 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are runnign into problems where our legacy PBX reaches a frame loss threshold and takes it's T1 card offline (the T1 card that interfaces with the Asterisk servers TE110P). During this time, the Asterisk server senses a Yellow alarm.
>
> We've noticed that if we quit asterisk, stop zaptel, start zaptel, start asterisk that the alarm condition clears on the legacy PBX.
>
> We'd like to be able to to check for the yellow alarm condition and perform the steps above when applicable.

I did notice this thread (unanswered):
http://groups.google.com/group/Asterisk-users/browse_thread/thread/d17d88c464a14945/f0c8ca6ccbc3b8a2?lnk=st&q=zaptel+reload&rnum=3#f0c8ca6ccbc3b8a2

I noticed in the link above that "zaptel reload" fixed the issue in
that case so I am thinking it may work in mine. So here is my script
so far.

#!/bin/bash

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "stop when convenient"
while /bin/ps ax | /bin/grep '[s]afe_asterisk' >/dev/null; do sleep 5; done

/etc/init.d/zaptel reload;

/etc/init.d/asterisk start;