[Asterisk-Users] OSHA requirement to "reach a live human" ??

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed Mar 15 08:37:02 MST 2006

Hi,

We're using Asterisk to develop a specialized IVR system for our
employees and someone is telling us there is some OSHA requirement that
you have to always be able to reach a "live human" on such systems. I've
never heard of that and google didn't turn up anything in my searches.
This is *not* some kind of "report a spill" or crucial system of any
sort. It's a bit of a hassle because it wasn't going to be connected to
their main phone system. Anyone ever heard of such a requirement from
OSHA, or do you think someone is pulling my leg?

Scott