[Asterisk-Users] Dumb question (hang up detection/Zapata.conf)

artifex maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 04:53:50 MST 2006

> My asterisk system seems to have problems detecting hangups.  I am
> getting a LOT of voicemails with dialtone or silence.
>
> I am using an external gateway (wellgate 3701a) and don't have zaptel
> at all.
I think your 3701a don't "understand" hangup tone (as our 3802 did and
keep line busy after disconnect).

You need training the device. We had recorded the busy tone and
analyze with an audio editor (tone frequency and duration) and entered
the configuration via telnet interface (I think web interface is good
as well for this). And as a second chance we entered the values from
the suggested pdf in indications.conf:
http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/inr/forms/files/tones-0203.pdf

bye,
Zsolt