[Asterisk-Users] Dumb question (hang up detection/Zapata.conf)

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Mon Mar 13 13:39:52 MST 2006

Another dumb question...

My asterisk system seems to have problems detecting hangups.  I am
getting a LOT of voicemails with dialtone or silence.

I see over at asteriskguru.com there is an explanation of how to
configure for polarity reversal in zapata.conf?

Does zapata.conf have any function in systems that aren't using zaptel(
I suppose not)?

I am using an external gateway (wellgate 3701a) and don't have zaptel
at all.

If I am not using zapata.conf (this is my guess) then is there some
other way to configure this type of option for my FXO, or is this
reliant on the devices setup?

Thanks,
marty