[Asterisk-Users] DISA & SPA3000 issues

Alchaemist info at lnet.com.ar
Mon Mar 13 17:13:53 MST 2006

Hi,

        These days I run into something quite odd.
        I have an A at H that was modified to meet our requirements.
        We have a completely funtional DISA which we use pretty much all the
time.
        I works flawlessly with incomming SIP calls from several providers,
IAX calls from FWD and with ZAP.

        Recently we came out with a situation where it doesn't work... with
a SPA3000 PSTN Line.
        You can call, navigate de IVR, log in into our app, and then when
you go to DISA, and DISA plays the dialtone... whatever you dial is not
recognized...

        This was REALLY odd... so I made a network capture with Ethereal,
and... the SPA actually STOPS sending the RTP Events after the second
dialtone...

        To verify this, I created an IVR which played the dialtone, and
verified that it was true.... no RTP DTMF events (RFC2833) are sent after
the SPA listens the second dialtone.

        I just reviewed the 87 pages PDF of the SPA3000... and didn't find
anything about such "feature".
        Now I am going to try to figure out if it has something to do with
the tones recognition of the SPA.
        I the meanwhile I had to write a little DISA-like app, based on
something I found on this forum, without the dialtone.

        Did anyone find out anything about this issue before?

REGARDS!!!
Alchaemist