[Asterisk-Users] Simple php script to monitor asterisk calls

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Mon Mar 13 17:14:32 MST 2006

Hiya, hope I don't bore anybody with this.  There are certainly a lot of
monitor-y things out there and they just didn't fit my need, so maybe
this will fit someone's besides mine.

http://horanappraisals.com/asterisk/pbxmonitor/ contains two files.  one
is a php script called pbxmonitor, and one is a flat file of extensions
to extension name mappings of internal users.  It contains example data
that needs editing to fit your scenario.

so the pbxmonitor.db might have (separated by tabs):
SIP/2000	Receptionist
SIP/2001	Username 2
SIP/2002	Username 3

an internal call might say:
Username 2 talking to Receptionist

an outgoing call might say:
Username 3 talking to 18005551212

an incoming call (already answered) might say:
18005551212 talking to Receptionist

It's pretty self explanatory I guess.  Run it and hope it does stuff.

so, pbxmonitor, in our application, is called from watch, like so:

watch -t -n 1 pbxmonitor

but you could implement it into a refreshing webpage or otherwise parse
it for your needs.

[sidenote]
We use putty to connect to the asterisk box, and there's an account
called monitor with a key login instead of password login, and the
monitor user's .bashrc runs this watch line at startup, followed by an
exit.  I call tell putty to auto login a username, and via the command
line, make it load this connection at startup without asking for any
info, so it's pretty seamless for the end user.  But all that is neither
here nor there related to my post.
[/sidenote]

I don't have parked calls in yet, but will soon.  I don't have meetme
conferences in soon, don't know if I will.  It doesn't do non-bridged
calls yet, this will be soon, as it is important to us.  This should
give indications of people checking their voicemail, people in echo
rooms and meetme conferences, and people in IVR things. Not sure what
else I'll have in it eventually, we'll see.  It's only tested with SIP,
IAX should work but dunno. I'll post back when I improve it.

Comments, suggestions welcome!

Moj

--
Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>