[Asterisk-Users] Analog Desktop Phone

Thczv F. Thczv thczv.thczv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 09:57:26 MST 2006

On 3/12/06, Martin Joseph <ast at stillnewt.org> wrote:

> > But what the OP wanted was a sulotion that together with the SAP3000
> > makes for something that works even when there is a blackout, since
> > the SPA3000 allows for failover to the FXS port from the FXO port
> > if/when there is no power to the unit. Which makes it a very good
> > solution when needed because of 911 reasons or the like.

> Actually it seems to me the Sipura 3000 is overkill in that case.
> There are many other ATA's that are less expensive that also have a 1
> port FXS, and a PSTN failover for blackout. It seems the OP doesn't
> need the FXO at all?
>
> The PA168V based ATA I have does this and was a little more then half
> the cost of a SPA3000.  Works well too.

Shame on me, but I already have the SPA3000.  I like it very much and
it works fine.  Perhaps if I need another, I will look at different
products.

This is for my own home, where I am keeping my POTS line, partly as a
911 solution.  I have found a lot of analog desktop phones that have
some of the features I want, but not all of them.  The Cortelco 2200
looks like it might fit the bill.  But it costs about $80.  I'm not
sure I want to pay that much for an analog phone that isn't wireless.
Other than that, the closest I have found so far is the AT&T 959:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00067KETY/ref=wl_it_dp/104-2261851-2083919?%5Fencoding=UTF8&colid=1SGHZOJ18P2FB&coliid=I23IRSR1SF2HPG&v=glance&n=172282

The problem with that one is that (as near as I can tell from the
photos and the manual) it has no visual MWI.

Still looking,

Dave