[Asterisk-Users] Analog Desktop Phone

Kerry Garrison support at techdatapros.com
Mon Mar 13 10:29:32 MST 2006

You really aren't going to find an analog phone that works as well as a SIP
phone for what you are trying to do. Some people suggested the GXP2000 for
$85 which works ok in a home environment. It is not a top quality phone but
it has all the features you want plus works very nicely with Asterisk.

This same conversation is constantly going on on numerous forums. If you
think about what you are trying to accomplish, it might put things into
perspective. You are taking a state-of-the-art phone system flush with every
business feature you may ever want and trying to install it into your home
and you want to use a cheap phone on it. Things are just not designed that
way. If you want to be happy with your system, not to mention putting some
value on your time (and heaven help you if you have a wife that will use the
system) you do NOT want to use a cheap phone on this system. At a minimum go
with a Linksys SPA941 or a Snom 360. You will have either one working in a
matter of minutes. If you don't put any value on your time, then keep
monkeying around with a lesser solution, but the few hours you will save
just dropping in a decent phone should more than make up for the extra cost.

Kerry Garrison
Director of Technical Services
Tech Data Pros - Orange County's Mobile IT Service Provider
(949) 502-7819 x200 - kerryg at techdatapros.com
http://www.techdatapros.com

IRSR1SF2HPG&v=glance&n=172282