[Asterisk-Users] Analog Desktop Phone

Martin Joseph ast at stillnewt.org
Sun Mar 12 02:06:28 MST 2006

On Mar 11, 2006, at 6:52 PM, C F wrote:
<snip>
> But what the OP wanted was a sulotion that together with the SAP3000
> makes for something that works even when there is a blackout, since
> the SPA3000 allows for failover to the FXS port from the FXO port
> if/when there is no power to the unit. Which makes it a very good
> solution when needed because of 911 reasons or the like.
Actually it seems to me the Sipura 3000 is overkill in that case.
There are many other ATA's that are less expensive that also have a 1
port FXS, and a PSTN failover for blackout. It seems the OP doesn't
need the FXO at all?

The PA168V based ATA I have does this and was a little more then half
the cost of a SPA3000.  Works well too.

Just a thought,
Marty