[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to reinvite twice?

Gabriel Afana asterisk at gafana.com
Sun Mar 12 15:10:03 MST 2006

If my setup goes: Phone => asterisk => asterisk => PSTN termination provider

Can I define "canreinvite" on both asterisk boxes so the phone call will go directly to the PSTN provider?

The Phone and first asterisk box are in my network, then I am getting service from another guy running asterisk who is in turn handing it off the the PSTN provider.  He has "canreinvite" setup on his, and I have it setup on mine.  I see the RTP stream stop as soon as the call is connected, but just wondering if his box is reinviting as well to go directly from Phone to PSTN provider (since I can check his box to see if the RTP stream is still going through it).

On a side note, with canreinvite enabled, sometimes calls get dropped when the call is connected.  Sometimes it doesn't do this.  Any ideas?

- Gabe