[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to reinvite twice?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 18:57:03 MST 2006

Gabe,

> If my setup goes: Phone => asterisk => asterisk => PSTN termination provider
> Can I define "canreinvite" on both asterisk boxes so the phone call will go
> directly to the PSTN provider?

Yes, you can reinvite multiple times. The media path will collapse as
much as possible. It works reliably, unless the two servers are too
close to each other. Don't ask my why. My server is 1.2 ms RTT away
from my provider's server and on about 50% of the calls I end up with
a "482 Loop Detected" response to my reinvite on incoming calls. I
found that putting a Ringing entry in my dialplan and a 0.5 second
delay before Answer fixes it. I tried tracking this down but didn't
have much luck. It's fine on outgoing calls.

--Luki