[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma A200 error

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Fri Mar 10 08:59:05 MST 2006

Mike Clark wrote:
<snip>

>> Have you called Sangoma's tech support number?
>>
>> I just implemented the same card about two weeks ago and really didn't
>> have any installation issues using fc3 and trunk, however their
>> documentation is a little on the rough side. Install info seems to be
>> a little in one
>> file, a little in another, etc, and it assumes the reader has the same
>> level of skills/knowledge as the Sangoma writer.
>>

> If your cards are not fully populated with modules, then the placement
> of the modules does matter. Because we weren't sure of exact ordering of
> modules when we put them in place, I ended up having to configure
> channels 1-2, and 5-8 in zaptel.conf and zapata.conf. Also, we got some
> of the earliest production cards and had to upgrade the firmware from
> version 4 to version 5 for the hardware echo cancellation support.

A couple of other pointers:

1. Each A200 card will occupy 24 channels. So if you have two A200 boards, the
first one recognized will have zap channels 1-24, and the second one will have
25-48. This is true even if you only have one module on each card.

So if you have 2 FXO ports on each card, your zaptel.conf will look like:

fxsks=1-4
fxsks=25-28

2. If you plug in any of the remoras (the expansion boards) into an A200, you'll
need to plug in the power supply, EVEN IF you are _not_ using any FXS modules.
For those moving from Digium TDM400 to Sangoma, this can be tricky. Took a while
to figure that one out.

3. For those running hotplug, you might have some issues with the A200 (as with
the rest of the AFT cards). Make sure to disable hotplug before you load up the
wanpipe drivers

One thing I've noted is that starting up the wanpipe drivers take about 10
seconds or so. Kind of long compared to the wctdm drivers. However, their
engineer has mentioned that this is due to some debug/initialize code during the
driver load process, which will be phased out as things start to stabilize.

Cheers
Flynn