[Asterisk-Users] Sangoma A200 error

Mike Clark mike at infoanywhere.com
Fri Mar 10 08:08:58 MST 2006

Rich Adamson wrote:

>>i am trying to install sangoma a200d to my centOS server but i am receivig this error message:
>>
>>ZT_CHANCONFIG falied on channel 1: invalid argument (22)
>>
>>Please help me on hopw to solve this issue! tnx!
>>

>Have you called Sangoma's tech support number?
>
>I just implemented the same card about two weeks ago and really didn't
>have any installation issues using fc3 and trunk, however their documentation
>is a little on the rough side. Install info seems to be a little in one
>file, a little in another, etc, and it assumes the reader has the same
>level of skills/knowledge as the Sangoma writer.

If your cards are not fully populated with modules, then the placement
of the modules does matter. Because we weren't sure of exact ordering of
modules when we put them in place, I ended up having to configure
channels 1-2, and 5-8 in zaptel.conf and zapata.conf. Also, we got some
of the earliest production cards and had to upgrade the firmware from
version 4 to version 5 for the hardware echo cancellation support.