[Asterisk-Users] DTFM or FSK

Wai Wu wwu at Calltrol.com
Thu Mar 9 20:15:10 MST 2006

If it is an analog card, it will most likely be DTMF. In the US at least. There might be MF in other countries. Either DTMF or MF, they are just multitone frequences. The difference is in the frequence of the tones and the definition of them. (what each tone mean).

-----Original Message-----
From:  asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com]On Behalf Of Filipe Mordhorst
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 12:27 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: RES: [Asterisk-Users] DTFM or FSK

Thanks. It's an analog card and I really didn't find anything with good explanations (at least no for me).

The problem is that the people who give me support for my actual PABX, asked me the standard tone signaling.

I'm trying to get in my actual PABX from asterisk through the PABX fxo port and I want to do it in a transparent way to the user.

The guys form the PABX support said they will try to catch the incoming digits to make the PABX internal routing decision and to do that, they need to know the signaling standard used by my Digium card (TDM400P)

Maybe I'm just saying bullshit. If that is the case, please tell me, so I can have a goooood talk with that support team.

Thanks.

Regards,

----

Filipe Mordhorst