[Asterisk-Users] HW Echo Cancellers

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Thu Mar 9 10:44:12 MST 2006

Joseph Tanner wrote:
>> Just a note:
>>

> Two questions.  One, why the need for local side echo cancellation?  I
> thought you could just reverse the connection and it would now disable
> echo in the opposite direction?  Just curious, I don't have a T1, and
> this is just based on what I've read.

I have E.C. turned off in Asterisk, I want the card to have the ability
to cancel in both directions.

> Two, is there any way to tell what cards have this option just by
> looking at them?  I bought a large lot (40+) and intend to resell
> them, probably on ebay.  I would like to know what extras they have or
> don't have, so I can list them appropriately.

If you've looked at the picture in the ebaY auction, you should notice
the daughter board.  Without the daughter board, the area is quite
absent of chips.  The 1 board that I have without the daughter board and
the 3 with had send side E.C.

You can verify by powering a unit up and scrolling though the options
until you see 38.  If there is no 38, then the board doesn't have send
side E.C.

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote: